Becoming A Signatory Institution


An institution must enroll in order to use the CIRB as its IRB of record.  The two-part process for enrolling in the CIRB is detailed below.


Verify that all institutions enrolling into the CIRB have a Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program (CTEP) Site Code.

NOTE: Veterans Administration (VA) medical centers must contact the Office of Research and Development prior to beginning the enrollment process with the CIRB and submitting a signed Authorization Agreement and Division of Responsibilities document.


To begin enrollment, an institution must apply for CIRB membership.  This part of the process includes:

After completing Part 1, the institution will then be granted access to CIRB Worksheets to establish the institution’s local context.